Wickline United Methodist Church of the Vine
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Venturing Out, Inviting Others, Nurturing Each Other, Exalting the Lord
The Children’s Council is made up of adults with hearts for children. They are called for planning, visioning, and advocating for children within the congregation and the community. Children’s ministries are for, with, and by children.
The council will:
* coordinate & be accountable to Children’s Education Committee
* oversee children’s programs including but not limited to Bible Bunch, Children’s choirs, Mommy & Me, VBS, Camps, Project Transformation, Fun Catchers and other children’s ministries.
* set policies and procedures related to children & care givers
* consider children’s ministry needs within the whole of the congregation’s ministries
* listen & communicate with parents and the congregation.
Children’s Council Meets six times a year at 6:30 PM on the 3rd Tuesday of August, September, November, January, March, and May.
Who can serve on Children’s Council? Adults willing to work on and for children’s ministries of the church and community may serve. Children at Grade 5 who demonstrate needed maturity may also serve with their parent’s permission and assistance.