THEME: FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH
MAIN COURSE: PORK TENDERLOIN IN BLACKBERRY SAUCE
SEATING BEGINS AT 6 PM!
MEAL SERVED AT 6:30 PM!
CLUB 52 - MORE THAN A BANQUET
Club 52 is how Eagle's Nest Youth ministry at Wickline United Methodist Church is financially possible. Thanks to Club 52 members, we can focus on making youth disciples of Christ rather than peddlers of products.
Prayerfully consider $1 per week, or $52, though any amount of less or more is helpful.
What does the money do?
- The primary purpose of Club 52 is to fund youth mission and ministry. So, the first call to order is to ensure that we have enough money to send youth to summer mission, leadership, and discipleship camps. We pay half tuition for any single camp or mission trip each year for any youth. For those interested in leadership camps, we pay full tuition. This is the priority of Club 52 expenditures.
- With the world battling for their psychological attention and support, we don't want financial limitations to prevent any youth from participating in the few church-sponsored youth activities offered each year. Club 52 prevents some of the less financially fortunate youth from being left out of extra-curricular events and activities.
- Food has been a center of fellowship and a catalyst of ministry since biblical times. When we are unable to find meal sponsorship from our support team, Club 52 funds will cover the cost of youth meals.
What about the church budget?
- The church supports the youth ministry with their budget. The budget is not "real money," however, meaning that an unexpected church expense or a slow financial period can affect the actual funds available. Club 52 funds offer real money for the youth group that is unaffected by the church budget.
- Most of the budget goes to cover salaries and other expenditures. A contribution to Club 52 is a direct contribution to the youth ministry.
Is this part of my tithe?
- This is an opportunity for you to give above what you have pledged to the church.
How much do I need to contribute?
- Please pray about this.
- Though many offer more, we invite members to contribute a minimum of 52 dollars per year (equivalent of $1 per week) to support the youth ministry.
- If you are a parent of a youth, please consider how this gift is going to directly benefit your youth. A single camp or mission trip tuition costs hundreds of dollars. Without Club 52, parents would be required to pay the entire tuition. Are you able to contribute enough to also help someone less privileged than your child?